Recipes from the Dominican Republic - Chicken Dominican-Style
Ingredients - serves 4
- 12 chicken breast halves, boned
- 250 ml (1 cup) dark rum
- 250 ml (1 cup) soy sauce
- 250 ml (1 cup) lime juice
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 2 tbsp. oil
- In a small saucepan, heat the rum and flambé it. Add the lime juice
and soy sauce.
- Sauté the onion and garlic in oil. Combine all the ingredients
to make the marinade, reserving a quarter of it to use as sauce.
- Place the chicken pieces in the marinade for 2-3 hours.
- Grill the breasts to brown them, then finish cooking in the oven.
- Baste on a little more marinade and sprinkle with chopped parsley just
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Marinade: 2 to 3 hours
Preheat oven at: 180°C. (350°F.)
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Difficulty: very easy