Recipes from the Dominican Republic - Fruit Brochettes
Moisten some curaçao or martini glasses or goblets and place them
in the freezer to frost up; use them to serve the punch.
For a more exotic effect, serve the skewers on a banana leaf.
Ingredients - serves 4
- Melon, not too ripe
- Papaya, not too ripe
- Mango, not too ripe
- 50 g (3 tbsp.) butter
- 2 tbsp. honey
- Passion Punch
- 1 kg (2.2 lb.) passion fruit
- 300 ml (1 1/4 cup) rum
- 200 g (7 oz.) brown sugar
To make the passion punch
To make the brochettes
- Scoop out the passion fruits and purée them in a blender with the
rum and brown sugar.
- Strain and place in the freezer.
- Cut the fruit into pieces (not too small)
- Thread the fruit onto skewers to create an attractive palette of colours;
- Reduce the honey and butter in a skillet until it forms a light syrup;
cook the brochettes in this reduction.
- Deglaze with a little of the punch.
- Arrange the brochettes on serving plates
- Pour the punch into frosted goblets containing some crushed ice
- Place on the plates
- For a festive note, just before serving, heat a little rum in a small
saucepan; flambé and pour over the brochettes.
A recipe from Olivier Guilmain of Eva Luna in Las
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Freezing time: At least 2 hours
Cost: Reasonable, depending on the market price
Difficulty: Very easy